The Autumn Fair is the UK’s premier retail show which takes place at the NEC in Birmingham from 5-8 September 2021. It is the first time in 18 months that the show has taken place, allowing those in the home and gift retail business to reconnect. Autumn Fair is the marketplace of the season for the home and gift industry, a shopping destination to get businesses ready for the Golden Quarter, retail’s busiest and most profitable time of year. The show enables business owners to make connections within the industry and get product inspiration from suppliers from all over the world.
After such a long break, both suppliers and buyers are looking forward to live shows recommencing. Alan Jenkins of exhibition stand contractor Quadrant2Design, one of the suppliers to the fair said ‘It has been a very quiet 18 months, with all live shows cancelled, it’s great to have them back up and running again.’
The show has the following sectors:
- Beauty and Wellbeing – All the most sought after and latest products for mind, body and soul. From beauty staples to hair care for her, and grooming and styling kits for him, this is where the most sought-after beauty and wellbeing products shine.
- Design and Source – Brings ethical and sustainable suppliers from all over the world together to showcase new products. It will incorporate products including home textiles, lighting, funky and contemporary gifts, artisan products, as well as tableware, kitchenware and flatware for catering and hospitality buyers.
- Every day – The source of everyday, affordable items for the independent and volume retailer
- Gift – The UK’s largest source of gift inspiration. All the latest giftware – bestsellers, contemporary, unique, personalised and licensed.
- Greetings and Stationery – The most creative, fun and colourful greeting cards, wrapping papers, stationery and paper decorations.
- Home, Living and Décor – Showcasing the most stylish and on-trend furniture, textiles and decorative interior accessories. See the most coveted products from UK and international sellers.
- Jewellery, Watch and Fashion – The most coveted jewellery and fashion brands showcasing the most inspired classic to contemporary jewellery, watches and must-have fashion pieces including footwear, handbags, wallets, scarves and luggage.
- Kids, Toys and Play – All the hottest trends in play and those elusive Christmas hits.
- The Summerhouse – An inspired collection of design-led and unique giftware, interiors, lighting and lifestyle brands. This is where on-trend, new and exciting products from the most original UK and international suppliers come together to form one of the most inspirational sectors at Autumn Fair.
- Retail Solutions – A one-stop shop for all services and solutions across logistics, payment, shop fittings, packaging, software and consultancy to help retailers and businesses do what they do best.
- Moda – Moda will be co-located for the first time with Autumn Fair this September. Moda offers a comprehensive line-up of industry leading womenswear, accessories and footwear brands from the UK and around the world. Moda is also known as the UK’s National Footwear Show, boasting the country’s largest collection of footwear and podiatry brands under one roof.
Research from the 2019 Autumn Fair shows that 81% of attendees are buyers looking to source new products, services or suppliers and 65% consider the Autumn Fair crucial to their business.
The show also offers curated meetings to introduce qualified buyers who are actively sourcing to relevant suppliers, fostering relationships. The meetings are hosted in a separate lounge with complimentary food and drinks. Previous attendees have been quoted as saying “The hosted program was extremely well managed. Beat all my expectations! What an excellent way to ensure vendors get an opportunity to connect with the right retailers.”
For those interested in joining The Club, a VIP programme being operated at the show, members will receive:
- Complimentary use of the Cloakrooms
- Complimentary parking
- Access to The Club Lounge with seating and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary charging stations for your phone, laptop or tablet
- Complimentary teas and coffee at The Club Lounge
The fair is to have 3m wide aisles with a 2 way system in place to allow for social distancing. Visitors are requested to walk on the left. Attendees and exhibitors are being encouraged to use hand sanitiser and try not to touch products. Handshakes are banned, as is the swapping of business cards. Exhibitors are being encouraged to use data capture devices to ensure contact-free sharing of details. Giveaways are being discouraged and the sending of brochures electronically encouraged.
No cash is being accepted at the venue; only contactless payment taken. Theatres and meeting rooms will be cleaned between each session and feature socially distanced seating and screens where necessary. Attendees must register and print their badge before arrival, there is no facility to do this on site.
This year the Autumn Fair, along with its sister show the Spring Fair, are putting sustainability at the forefront of the show. Visitors will be able to discover those brands that are doing their bit for sustainable and ethical practices. Visit the Virtual Showroom, filter by The Sustainability Library where you’ll find exhibitor stories, pledges and initiatives from brands who are doing their part. Each supplier who is sustainable is marked with a leaf to make it easier for purchasers to see.
So there are many reasons to visit the Autumn Fair, register on their website to book your ticket today.