You’ve committed to your next exhibition, secured your floor space and are now are looking for a bespoke exhibition stand design to outshine all your competitors at the event.
The design process is a key component of a successful exhibition stand. Some important things to remember at this crucial stage are:
- Text – should be minimal and include only a few key benefits of your products or services. Too much text will make a stand look cluttered, and people may struggle to concentrate on reading it all. Your company name should be large enough to be visible from across the hall and should be placed at the top of the stand or on a hanging banner – this is high-level branding. Place descriptive text lower down the stand so visitors can read it up close if they want to.
- Font – keep it simple, good fonts to use are serif or sans serif. Decorative fonts are difficult to read from a distance. For consistency keep the fonts the same, or have no more than two, across the stand.
- Eye-level branding – is where you put your imagery and keep images large to draw attention to your stand. If the graphics are seamless, your stand will look extra professional compared to your competitors.
- Negative space – “the space between things” – allow plenty of space between text and images to prevent the stand from looking too chaotic.
- Colour – keep it in line with your branding, unless you have a particularly vibrant brand style keep it simple, one or two colours based on your current branding theme. Ensure there is a high contrast between the text colour and the background.
- Lighting – don’t rely on the usual lighting within the event hall, clever use of lighting effects and features will draw attention to specific areas of the stand or your product.
- Movement- movement will catch the attention of passing visitors, this could be in the form of screens, a branding element which moves, or even colour changing light.
- Your Product – think about how best to display your product whether they be physical or digital products, to ensure maximum exposure and interest.
The Design Process
This will vary from company to company, but here at Quadrant2Design we take the following approach to a custom stand design:
1. FREE DESIGN MOCK-UPS
Every proposal starts with a short, friendly conversation with our design consultants, Our in-house 3D designers then take your ideas and turn them into a stand layout that works for you and your space. They then bring the design to life with a series of colour visuals and a short animation showing how the stand could look with your branding. This is a free, no obligation service. The exhibition stand design will be imaginative and unique, based on your branding and imagery.
2. 3D STRUCUTRE DEVELOPMENT & PROJECT GO-AHEAD
We discuss the designs with you and, if required, make any changes to provide the most effective solution for your upcoming exhibition. If you have a number of spaces booked at different shows , we will show you how the stand adapts to each space and provide full pricing for each event, so you have the full picture. Only when you are happy will we proceed to design approval and confirmation.
3. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Once the design is approved it gets passed to a dedicated project manager. They will look after your stand build in its entirety during it’s time in production, and if you are on our Free-Hire plan through to installation and eventual dismantle at the event. They will be your main point of contact for the duration of the project liaising with show organisers on stand build approval, Method statements and health and safety.
4. GRAPHIC DESIGN
After the 3D structure of your stand is confirmed its time to look at the graphic design. The concept visuals our 3D design team create are just that, a concept! If you love what you’ve seen so far, great, if not, you have a complete blank canvas, to start the graphic design from scratch. You can either working with our experienced graphic designers, or use a designer of your choice.
5. GRAPHICS PRINTING
Quadrant2Design have a state-of-the-art print-finishing facility in house. Running the latest Epson SureColor SC-S80600s printers, alongside UV hybrid printers from EFI and HP, Zund digital cutters and high spec laminators. Our materials are carefully selected and developed specifically for our stands. This results in stunning seamless effect graphics with colours perfectly matched to your branding.
6. STAND MANUFACTURE
Our stands use a modular system, however even if your stand has unique features developed by our design team, they will still be manufactured in house. There is no outsourced part of this process, so you won’t have to worry about hidden costs or not being ready in time for your show.
7. PRE-BUILD INSPECTION
We pre-build your stand at our premises as part of our pre-build promise. This is a 100% build of your stand as it will appear at the show, down to every last detail. This allows us to check for any issues which can be resolved before the event. You are invited to visit to see your stand prior to installation at the show, for ultimate peace of mind. If you are self-building we will give a full one-to-one training session on how to build your stand.
8. INSTALL AND DISMANTLE
If you are using our Free Hire Plan, which over 90% of our customers do, professional installation and dismantle is included. Our installation team transport your stand in person, even if you are exhibiting overseas. Your stand is never in the hands of a courier or third party. Our installation team are highly trained and know all the major UK and European venues inside out. You will have a perfect stand ready and waiting for you. After the show, our team will breakdown the stand, with it stored completely free of charge until the next show.
9. LIFETIME FREE DESIGN
Whether you hire, or buy, self-build or use professional build, you can take advantage of our lifetime free design service. Whether you are adapting your existing stand for new stand spaces, adding new features, or completely overhauling the entire design, our design consultants and 3D designers work with you to develop the perfect design for your next event, all free of charge.
While designing an exhibition stand is a complex process, it is vital to having a busy, successful show. Quadrant2Design have designed and install over 10,000 stands over 23 years. For help designing your next exhibition stand call us on 01202 723 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org