A lot goes into planning your exhibition. Follow these top 10 tips for the best results.
1. Ensure that your total exhibition budget includes everything
2. Find out who your neighbours are in the exhibition hall
3. Write down your top 3 key objectives for exhibiting at this particular exhibition
4. Decide on which colours best represent your brand – keep it consistent
5. Personalise your invitations and put some aside for on-site
6. Organise your exhibiting team and exhibition training
7. Read the exhibitor’s manual
8. Communicate to your clients that you’re at the show
9. Use other channels (email, social media, etc.) to market your presence
10. Set exact and measurable sales/leads targets
Exhibiting at a trade show can be stressful and you are never going to get absolutely everything right, but taking some of these tips from this series onboard will give you the greatest chance of success. I say success because the hard work has only begun but put it in and you will get the rewards back in spades from exhibiting.
Although a potentially stressful experience, exhibiting is also a fantastic way of getting more business and developing your offering!
Stephan “The Exhibition Guy” Murtagh has 25+ years of experience in the exhibition and events industry and has worked with many of the biggest organisers in the industry. As a qualified Fetac trainer, he set up The Exhibition Guy to educate and train people on how to sell more, his website features module-based courses and coaching for real-life situations within the sector.
Contact The Exhibition Guy to learn how he can help manage and educate your exhibiting team.