Whether hiring or buying a custom exhibition stand, understanding the installation process is crucial. This is the point at which months of hard work come together to form a stand which will represent your company in front of thousands of potential customers. Installation is the make-or-break moment for any exhibitor and their stand, with limited time, contractors working away from their manufacturing facilities and a show that opens whether you are ready or not.
The installation process for an exhibition stand will vary depending on the build type and materials. Traditional custom build exhibition stand installation involves several days of skilled onsite labour in a messy, material-heavy process that comes at a considerable cost.
This method is risky, as the stand comes together for the first time only a matter of hours before a show, leaving little time to resolve any issues. After the show, many of the materials are disposed of in a ‘build and burn’ approach that has a significant environmental impact.
How do we set up an exhibition stand?
While traditional custom-build stand installation involves several days of onsite labour, our expert exhibition stand builders can have your Prestige Events System stand installed and ready to go in a matter of hours, with no need for power tools or messy materials.
Our installation team coordinate all on-site services, such as AV, rigging, furniture and electrics so, by the time you arrive at your space, your stand is ready to use.
With our modular exhibition stands, the installation process couldn’t be easier.
- If your stand includes a suspended cylindrical banner, our team work closely with the venue’s dedicated rigging team to ensure that this is built and suspended before your stand is built.
- For the stand’s core structure, the first step is to set up the expandable aluminium frame and fix it in place with the strengthened magnetic rods. The reconfigurable modules are connected in a variety of shapes and sizes with high-level branding, rotating headers and canopies all securely and seamlessly integrated into the structure.
- Next, lighting connections and bespoke features, such as product showcases and edge-lit acrylic, are securely attached to the frame. This is done very carefully – all acrylic is handled using gloves to prevent smearing, and the lighting attachments are specifically set up to ensure that wires won’t come loose during your event.
- In the final stage, our high-quality graphics panels are attached to the magnetic rods and carefully positioned to ensure graphics flow seamlessly across your stand. Our stands provide a unique all-graphic solution, which ensures that the metallic hardware is hidden from sight.
- Once set up, our installers will walk you through using the stand and answer any questions you may have before handing the stand over for the show.
- After the event, our exhibition stand installation team will simply return, carefully dismantle the stand, and return it to Quadrant2Design, storing your graphic panels free of charge until your next event!
Free-hire professional installation
Our free-hire plan is, without a doubt, our most popular option for our custom-designed exhibition stands. The plan is a flexible and cost-effective method of hiring a stand, that includes full project management and professional installation and dismantling.
As we carry large stock levels of the Prestige Events System, we can offer the hardware on a free-hire (loan) basis. You will only pay for the installation of the stand, graphic design and project management.
Our large team of professional stand installers are fully trained with knowledge of all UK venues and major Mainland Europe venues. Whether in the UK or overseas, your stand is personally transported by our team in our modern fleet of vehicles and never leaves the care of one of our team members. With 22 years of experience, we are fully aware of the complications and delays that can arise with international travel so, for any overseas installs, our team transport your stand a few days in advance of the event.
Depending on the stand size and venue location, installation usually takes place the day before the show however, for one-day events, our stands can even be built on the morning of a show. During installation, the logistics team coordinate every detail and liaise with venue contractors to provide the smoothest of stand installations. You will arrive on the day of the event to find your stand set up and ready to go.
Then, once the event is over, you simply hand the stand back to us and our team will carefully dismantle and pack it, transporting it back to our facility to be stored free of charge until your next event.
We have perfected the entirety of the process to make it as swift as possible, allowing you and your company to focus fully on having a great, worthwhile experience at the event.
Purchase and self-build
For some exhibitors, owning the modular framework and being able to self-build, provides greater freedom, and eliminates reliance on exhibition stand contractors. This option might be suitable for frequent exhibitors with smaller stand spaces and team members who are willing to get stuck into building a stand.
Self-build stands are generally less complex structures, which makes them quicker and easier to build but might make them less eye-catching amongst the other stands at the show.
Even with less complex structures, our self-build stands are still all custom-designed and can include a range of engaging features that are more-typically associated with professional installation.
To learn the ins and outs of installing your exhibition stand, we provide dedicated one-to-one training with our professional installers, using your exact stand. Our website also includes many video tutorials, dedicated to each section of the modular framework, providing you with a step-by-step guide to building your exhibition stand.
The Prestige Events System Installation
Quadrant2Design are the UK’s most popular exhibition stand hire contractor, with over 600 successful installations yearly. We exclusively offer the unique Prestige Events System, meaning every stand can be installed by the same tried and tested method guaranteed to deliver perfectly installed stands every time. Stands can all be built on-site within one day and no tools are required.
Each stand is custom designed to our customer’s exact requirements, yet is built from a wide range of modular components which make the installation of a custom-designed stand simpler, easier, safer and more cost-effective.
For our larger custom-designed stands we would always recommend using our professional install service, however our small custom exhibition stands can easily be built by the exhibiting company after a complete training session with our experienced installation team.
Whether you are utilising our professional installation service or self-building, you have the peace of mind that the full stand has been 100% pre-built and checked ahead of the show.
If you are in the market for a bespoke exhibition stand, or simply want more information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 01202 723 500.